This recipe is quick and ahhhmmmazing! There is no better way to finish off a Monday than with, Double Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies. The season of all things pumpkin is here, but there is nothing wrong with cheating on pumpkin as long as it’s with chocolate! With Thanksgiving right around the corner, this can be the perfect recipe because not everyone loves pumpkin. Shocking I know. I love pumpkin everything! But, can always make room for both.
If you love chocolate, and cheesecake as much as I do then you will love these brownies!
Brownies are super easy, and you might already have most of these ingredients at home. By swirling in a layer of cheesecake, these brownies are on a whole other level. And, because of that swirled top, they will also make you look like a culinary wizard.
Some keys to good cheesecake swirl brownies
- good quality chocolate
- room temperature eggs
- room temperature cream cheese
- melting your chocolate slowly over a low temperature
- if using a microwave checking your chocolate every 15-20 seconds
- don’t over mix your batter once you have added flour
- eat some brownie batter!
Double Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs room temp
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- sprinkle salt
- 1/2 cup extra chocolate chips for topping your brownies
- 2/3 cup cream cheese room temp
- 1 egg room temp
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease, and lightly dust with flour a 8×8 glass pan. Place chocolate chips and butter in glass bowl. Using either your microwave or double boiler method (placing your glass bowl over a pot of simmering water)Melt chocolate, stirring frequently. Don't leave your chocolate in the microwave any longer than 20 seconds at a time or you could have burnt chocolate. Gross! When almost all the chips are melted remove from heat. Continue stirring until all your chocolate has melted. Add in sugar and mix. Add in room temperature eggs one at a time and mix after each addition. Add vanilla. In a separate bowl or just dump it on top of your chocolate mixture. Add your flour, salt and baking powder. MIx just until combine. Do not overmix!
- Place cream cheese and sugar in a bowl. Whip with a whisk until smooth. Add in your egg and vanilla. Continue to use your whisk until all lumps are gone or almost gone.
- Spread your brownie mixture evenly in your prepared baking pan. Pour your cream cheese mixture over top. Taking a butter knife or other type of knife, begin to pull some of the brownie batter through the cheesecake. Do as much or as little swirling as you would like. Top with your extra chocolate chips! Place swirled brownies into preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
If you are looking for more recipes you can look here –> Recipes
Enjoy your Double Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies!